Frerider
Nissens Nissens said:
Yes, I know that. But you claimed it is a board!!! Where did you get that idea??
Now you're confusing me with someone else?
 
Nissens
Frerider Frerider said:
Now you're confusing me with someone else?
Yes, sorry. It was @roli who wrote that. 😊
 
  • Like
Frerider
  • Laddar…
When it comes to the thickness of timber, it's usually called boards when the thickness is less than 28-34 and studs or planks when the thickness exceeds 28-34.

Then the "board" can be called many different things depending on its function, like in this case sparse or nail lath or something else.

What caught my attention was that you (Nissens) called a timber dimension of 28*70 a stud.
 
  • Like
fribygg
  • Laddar…
Nissens
R roli said:
When it comes to the thickness of timber, it is usually called boards when the thickness is less than 28-34, and studs or planks when the thickness exceeds 28-34.

Then the "board" can be called a variety of things depending on its function, like in this case sparse or nail batten or something else.

What I got hung up on was that you (Nissens) called a timber dimension of 28*70 a stud.
Rather a nail stud, it is also called sparse.

I don't think you'll find a single builder or any building supply store anywhere in Sweden that calls 28x70mm timber a board…
 
  • Like
Incinerator
  • Laddar…
Nissens Nissens said:
I don't think you'll find a single builder or any building supply store anywhere in Sweden that refers to 28x70mm wood as a plank…
Well, they don't call it a stud either...
 
I
Z z_bumbi said:
The easiest way is to nail directly into the frame.
If it is vertical paneling, they will be a bit loose in the middle without horizontal nail battens.
 
I
Now we have placed a number of perforated strips in strategic places and the wobbliness is now gone, we tightened some tension straps and aligned the walls using a laser first so that the upright studs became straight and nice.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
roke and 2 others
  • Laddar…
I
How much slope should a gutter have? It will be about 6m and will only have one downspout.
We worked on the roof today and plan to install the gutter and some sheets and other things tomorrow so we can stay on the ground afterwards.
 
Frerider
3-5cm over the entire stretch but a minimum of 0.5cm per meter on simple roofs is my usual approach, there are those who lay with less slope but it does not work well in my experience.
 
  • Like
Incinerator
  • Laddar…
I Incinerator said:
If it should be a standing panel, they will be a bit loose in the middle without horizontal nailing battens.
That batten is already in the frame if you planned to have standing panel or for that matter in almost all other frames. Having a large frame without fixing the standing battens sideways tends to become a bit bent and shaky.
 
  • Like
Incinerator
  • Laddar…
Click here to reply
Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.