Byggahus.se

When do you need building permission?

1. M
    Medlem · 1 inlägg

masakini

Medlem
    Hi

Forgive me for writing in English but my Swedish isn't up to building terminology just yet!
    We're in the process of buying a house and have got our eye on a little cottage with quite a bit of land.
    If we buy the house we want to move the bathroom upstairs and therefore want to extend out at the back with a little room 2m x 2m and also extend out from the roof (see attachment - not exactly to scale)

What are building regulations here in Sweden? Can one extend on a small scale up to a certain size before one requires building permission? Or do you need building permission from the get-go?

Any help / advice would be highly appreciated!

//Masakini

2. B
    Medlem · 5 834 inlägg

Re: When do you need building permission?

Although this is a small scale project it requires building permission of two reasons:  It changes the caracteer of building, and you affect the sanitary construction since you move the bathroom upstairs.  Ask for specific advises direct at "bygglovsenheten" at the community there the real estate is situated!

In general you might learn more about the regulations in Sweden from this link -
    http://www.boverket.se/upload/publicerat/bifogade filer/2005/behover_jag_bygglov.pdf

Or contact Boverket - 0455-353000

3. volvo
    Medlem · Södra sverige · 2 771 inlägg

volvo

Medlem

Re: When do you need building permission?

I agree with billy_bäver

Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.