Byggahus.se
I got inspection report from the house that we just bought. inspector recommended to deep investigation in a part of house. It is written here:
vid kontroll av konstruktion uppmättes fuktvärden över kritisk nivå för mikrobiell tillväxt och normal lut upplevdes.
Grundläggningen består av en betongplatta på mark utan underliggande isolering och med ytskikt dikt an betongen samt delvis uppreglat isolerat golv. Dessa konstruktioner får ofta skador på grund av naturlig fuktvandring. Faktkvoten uppmättes till 19% I yetterväggssyllen I förrådet. Fuktkvoten uppmättes till 10% I innerväggssyllen. i allrummet.
Vi rekommenderar en fördjupad undersökning för att bedöma orsak och omfattning. Det är viktig att tänka på att denna rekommendation om fördjupad undersökning gäller hela lågdelen av huset som har betongplatta på marken.

We asked the person who does the renovation work about this problem and he said that if there is moisture, the only thing to do is to demolish this part of the house.
My question is, is there no other way?
What are the ways to fix this problem?
What is the most affordable way?

Thank you inadvance

This is in the basement right ?

He basically meant that the type of construction is considered "a risk" and that the measured moisture is above the recommended values.
There are things to remediate this, such as improved drainage (if that is not sufficient) and putting on a "platonmatta" or similar outside of the foundation to prevent moist from getting in.

So unless the house itself has taken a lot of damage (such as rot in the constructive elements) you could make do with some preventiative measures to prevent it from becoming worse, maybe. But you should consider that you may need to redo the flooring and inner walls in the basement if you still want this to be "rooms" for everyday living. There are systems such as Nivellgolv, which has solutions for this, but of course it will cost some money which you should calculate with

To make it meet todays standards you need to rebuild "all", but that seems very excessive!
Most older houses with this type of construction can be fixed in various ways.

• Gilla
Maryam.M
  • Laddar…
I guess the house is about 50years old or even more? This is very common and they always write like this considering these days building methods. Especially if some one have converted the basement into living areas.

• Gilla
Maryam.M och 1 till
  • Laddar…
klaskarlsson klaskarlsson skrev:
This is in the basement right ?

He basically meant that the type of construction is considered "a risk" and that the measured moisture is above the recommended values.
There are things to remediate this, such as improved drainage (if that is not sufficient) and putting on a "platonmatta" or similar outside of the foundation to prevent moist from getting in.

So unless the house itself has taken a lot of damage (such as rot in the constructive elements) you could make do with some preventiative measures to prevent it from becoming worse, maybe. But you should consider that you may need to redo the flooring and inner walls in the basement if you still want this to be "rooms" for everyday living. There are systems such as Nivellgolv, which has solutions for this, but of course it will cost some money which you should calculate with

To make it meet todays standards you need to rebuild "all", but that seems very excessive!
Most older houses with this type of construction can be fixed in various ways.
اHi,
Thank you for your quick response.
This house was built in 1974. It is not the basement, but this additional part of the house, which is called the ''ekonomi del''. originally intended as a garage, sauna, relax room, bathroom. Please find the attached plan (I have highlighted the part I am talking about in red) and interior space.
It is also mentioned in the same section about the bathroom:
våtutrymmet har äldre och har passerat tiden för sin tekniska livslängd.
renovering av utrymmet rekommenderas. kontakta en behörig vårtrumsentreprenör för en renovering. I samband med renoveringen bör omkringliggande konsruktioner kontrolleras för att upptäcka eventuella följdskador. fiktindikering utfört utan anmärkning mot väggen.

• Ritning av ett tvåvåningshus med markerad del, innehåller sovrum, vardagsrum, kök, bastu och garage.
    Inloggade ser högupplösta bilder
    Skapa konto
    Gratis och tar endast 30 sekunder
  • Åldrat trädgårdsbord utomhus. Del av ett rum med brun fåtölj och retro golv.
    Inloggade ser högupplösta bilder
    Skapa konto
    Gratis och tar endast 30 sekunder
Maryam.M Maryam.M skrev:
اHi,
Thank you for your quick response.
This house was built in 1974. It is not the basement, but this additional part of the house, which is called the ''ekonomi del''. originally intended as a garage, sauna, relax room, bathroom. Please find the attached plan (I have highlighted the part I am talking about in red) and interior space.
It is also mentioned in the same section about the bathroom:
våtutrymmet har äldre och har passerat tiden för sin tekniska livslängd.
renovering av utrymmet rekommenderas. kontakta en behörig vårtrumsentreprenör för en renovering. I samband med renoveringen bör omkringliggande konsruktioner kontrolleras för att upptäcka eventuella följdskador. fiktindikering utfört utan anmärkning mot väggen.
Ah, pretty much the same thing then: An area that originally was not intended as a living space.
But the solution may be the same: Drainage and maybe redo the flooring with a Nivell-system or similar.

The other comment, about the bathroom, simply states that the bathroom is older (has reached its technical lifespan as it is called) and may need a complete restoration in the future.
Now, since there was no indication of moisture or mold in there this menas you can just keep using it as long as you don't experience any problems. But it will need restoration at some point, and it could mean within 1 year, 5 years or 20 years...The essence is that it is "worthless" so any insurance claim etc would simply point to the fact that the bathroom had reached end of life.

• Gilla
Maryam.M
  • Laddar…
klaskarlsson klaskarlsson skrev:
Ah, pretty much the same thing then: An area that originally was not intended as a living space.
But the solution may be the same: Drainage and maybe redo the flooring with a Nivell-system or similar.

The other comment, about the bathroom, simply states that the bathroom is older (has reached its technical lifespan as it is called) and may need a complete restoration in the future.
Now, since there was no indication of moisture or mold in there this menas you can just keep using it as long as you don't experience any problems. But it will need restoration at some point, and it could mean within 1 year, 5 years or 20 years...The essence is that it is "worthless" so any insurance claim etc would simply point to the fact that the bathroom had reached end of life.
I appreciate the information and advice you have shared.

• Gilla
klaskarlsson
  • Laddar…
Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.