10,981 views ·
18 replies
11k views
18 replies
Ground pressure against wall for split-level house
Yes, they might lock into each other by default. I hadn't thought of that.
Hi, I didn't receive a notification about posts in the thread so I missed your post. But for the future and for others looking to solve similar problems, I contacted an engineer about this and discussed various solutions. The strongest is L-support.
So the solution was 3 m high custom-cast 20KN L-supports, enormous..., assembled according to the factory's recommendations (inter-casting in grooves) and bolted together with iron on it. These L-supports run along the entire body of the house and additionally towards the neighbor, creating an extra parking space. Between the L-supports and the house, there are isodränskivor. Under the L-supports, there are drains. On the inside of the L-supports, there is a Platon mat and additional drainage. At the top of the house, there is plastic protection from above so no water comes in from downpours.
It became very expensive, but I feel confident that neither water nor ground pressure will occur and press against the house. It hasn't moved in 3 years so far, and there have been large trucks here afterward (construction of garage, driveway, etc.).
If you live nearby (southern 08), you're welcome to come and take a look if you want
So the solution was 3 m high custom-cast 20KN L-supports, enormous..., assembled according to the factory's recommendations (inter-casting in grooves) and bolted together with iron on it. These L-supports run along the entire body of the house and additionally towards the neighbor, creating an extra parking space. Between the L-supports and the house, there are isodränskivor. Under the L-supports, there are drains. On the inside of the L-supports, there is a Platon mat and additional drainage. At the top of the house, there is plastic protection from above so no water comes in from downpours.
It became very expensive, but I feel confident that neither water nor ground pressure will occur and press against the house. It hasn't moved in 3 years so far, and there have been large trucks here afterward (construction of garage, driveway, etc.).
If you live nearby (southern 08), you're welcome to come and take a look if you want
Last edited by a moderator:
Click here to reply
