Built these two gates about 15 years ago, and they've worked reasonably well. Tried to make them form-strong by routing 50/50, etc., but I've noticed they've sagged in recent years.

I'm considering if it's possible to take them down and force them back into shape? And how would I do that, and preferably make it stay that way?

Two red and white wooden gates slightly sagging, set in a grassy yard with trees in the background under a cloudy sky.
 
A diagonal brace that runs all the way would help a lot, but it doesn't look nice.
 
Have seen some gates with their own small discreet wheel that supports if it can work.
 
Straighten them up and fit angle brackets in the corners, the ones that look like a try square. It might not just be about pressing back; you may have to possibly open some joints and adjust a little.
 
Click here to reply
Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.