Hello! I'm renovating a bedroom and the plan is to put Huntonit proffsvägg on the walls and sloped ceiling. I've torn down the old tretex. Behind it is a plank wall. How large uneven spots can the boards handle? It will be wallpapered later, so if the seams aren’t completely perfect it’s not a big deal, I think. I'm also wondering what to do with the sloped ceiling (which in this case will be a wall), should I bevel the short sides and lay them flush, or should I install with movement space there too? I find the mounting instructions available to read are lacking. Any other tips and tricks from those who have used these boards are gratefully received 😊
 
  • Like
Maritha Karlsson
  • Laddar…
L Linnea Lundh said:
Hello! I'm renovating a bedroom and the plan is to put huntonit proffsvägg on the walls and sloped ceiling. We've torn down the old tretex. Behind it is a plank wall. How large irregularities can the panels handle? It will be wallpapered later, so if the seams aren't perfect, it's not a big deal, I think. I'm also wondering how to deal with the sloped ceiling (which in this case will be a wall), should I bevel the short sides and fit them snugly, or should I install with an allowance for movement there too? I find the installation instructions currently available lacking. Any other tips and tricks from those who have used these panels are greatly appreciated 😊
It's usually possible to bend drywall quite a bit. Huntonit, not sure, but you'll notice.

Movement in the joints can be avoided by screwing seams into studs. And the planks should work the same way. They would place a seam right on a plank.

Maybe there will be more cracks with huntonit? Usually, it's drywall.

In the past, they used masonite and nailed strips on the seams. That worked too!
 
Click here to reply
Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.