Hello friends! I would like some advice on how to construct a foldable cart for my girlfriend. On TikTok, there are many such "foldable bar tables," i.e., foldable carts with a front and sides that can be folded out 90 degrees and folded back with the help of hinges.

Now to the problem: I want to create a more unique shape with "diagonal sides that can fold out more than the standard 90 degrees, namely out to 115 degrees. The table then has a larger surface. But how should I do this with the hinges?

I'm thinking of cutting a front from plywood with dimensions of 1400mm in length and 1200mm in height, and the sides in the same height with 650mm in length. For that, I need 2 boards, and I'm thinking of a thickness of 15mm. The hinges should be piano hinges, I think.

So my question is, how should the placement of the hinge be to make this possible, and what measurements do I need for this, and how should I position it against the front and side panels?

This is basically my first construction project since woodshop in school 15 years ago, so I apologize if I come across as a bit silly here 😅
 
Click here to reply
Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.