Currently renovating a kitchen in the summer cottage. Started last year with drywalling/spackling the walls and it looks good with one exception. In one place, the drywall meets a wooden beam, and the spackle has cracked there. The transition is completely smooth (there are no beveled edges like there are between drywall-drywall), so I can't apply any reinforcing tape.
Everything will be painted eventually. How do I prevent the joint from cracking?
Everything will be painted eventually. How do I prevent the joint from cracking?
You can advantageously apply a soft joint of MS polymer there, it is as elastic as silicone but paintable like latex sealant, and does not shrink. I did so where our plasterboards meet the ceiling beams (which move significantly). "Lim & Bygg-fog" is what it is usually called, available at all building supply stores.
Soft joint sounds interesting. But then I guess I first have to carve out a little groove to lay the joint in?
Another idea I had was to apply some type of Easy Cover but it might also crack? Even if there isn't much movement.
Another idea I had was to apply some type of Easy Cover but it might also crack? Even if there isn't much movement.
Click here to reply