Anyone have tips for building a threshold between floors where one end is level with each other but the other end has a height difference of an entire plank thickness? See attached images.
 
  • Doorway showing uneven transition between two wooden floors with a jute rug partially covering one side.
  • Wooden threshold showing uneven floor levels between two rooms, with one side higher than the other, and a woven red-pink mat on the lower side.
  • Level difference between two wooden floors with a colorful rug on one floor and light streaks on the other.
F
KKvartslist? Nivålist?
 
F Fideliox said:
KKvartslist? Nivålist?
How should I install them then? Kvartslist becomes ugly whether I use the high or low floor as a starting point. How much can you bend a nivålist - I want it to be tight both at the top and the bottom.
 
Depending on the look you want, you should split a wedge-shaped board with a lip that extends over the higher floor.
 
Tips on how to make the wedge? I have neither a planer, router, nor lathe.
 
Click here to reply
Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.