Need an attachment point for a towline, among other things, to pull up the dock. One possible solution - in the absence of stumps - is to install an eye bolt in the house foundation, which is built of Leca blocks. There are sturdy eye bolts that can be fastened with anchor epoxy, but how much load can you safely pull with it? In practical terms?
 
I wouldn't dare to attach more than Quite Little in a lecamur. Don't you have any stone to fasten it to?
 
  • Like
fribygg and 1 other
  • Laddar…
Unfortunately not - garden plot, we removed all the stones on the surface when we built. But maybe it would be better to pour a concrete anchor in that case?...a little more work, but maybe it's worth it?
 
I had cast a concrete anchor.
 
Yeah, same here.
 
Is it to reduce working time or cost that you are considering a lightweight concrete block?
If it's to reduce working time, there are lightweight concrete lintels that are reinforced and therefore have good tensile strength. However, the cost for such a lintel becomes unreasonable compared to casting your own support.
 
Can't pull in Leca.
 
tommib
The consequence of tearing down the wall of the house is a bit too significant for it to be acceptable. Thus, I would also have resolved it in another way. Concrete anchor on the plot? Round sling around a tree? Hammer down a couple of sturdy angle profiles (think tent peg, but larger). Ground screw?
 
  • Like
cpalm
  • Laddar…
Sounds like a clear "can't do" (and yes, I buy the argument about the ruined foundation). Possibly I'm a bit surprised that ground screws, even in larger models, would have better tensile strength? (I've never cast anything, hence the hesitancy...)
 
Knock down an iron pipe.
 

Best answer

tommib
K Knegis said:
Sounds like a clear "won't work" (and yes, I understand the argument about the ruined foundation). Possibly I'm a bit surprised that ground screws, even in a larger model, would have better tensile strength? (I've never cast anything, hence the hesitation...)
There is a big difference between tensile force and shear force. If you screw a larger model ground screw about 70 cm into the ground and then load it sideways, it will be able to carry quite a bit (but not indefinitely). The best is a pair of pipes/angle profiles with a plate in the direction of the tension. Or just a concrete anchor. That should also be buried at least half a meter down.
 
Drive the car onto the lawn and tie to the tow hook? 😀
 
  • Like
fribygg and 1 other
  • Laddar…
M MrJozk said:
Drive the car onto the lawn and tie it to the tow hitch? 😀
I tried that when I was going to pull out a root from a bush. I pulled the car, not the bush.
 
If I didn't want to cast, I would dig down three or four plints with plintjärn in a line across the direction of pull and fasten them together with beams above ground.
 
  • Like
Knegis
  • Laddar…
Bart Bart said:
Is it to reduce working time or cost that you're looking at a lightweight clay block? If it's to reduce working time, there are reinforced lightweight clay beams that have good tensile strength. However, the cost for such an option becomes unreasonable compared to casting your own support.
Thanks for the constructive suggestion, do you have a link that one could look at? Because it's not only for new construction?
tommib tommib said:
There is a big difference between tensile force and shear force. If you drill down a ground screw, larger model, like 70 cm into the soil and then load it sideways, it will be able to support quite a bit (but not indefinitely). The best is a couple of rods/angle profiles with a plate in the direction of the pull. Or just a concrete anchor. This should also be buried at least half a meter.
Sounds simple enough, I'll experiment a bit. The construction with a longitudinal plate sounds stable and smart, and it should also be possible to bury it completely under the lawn. Live test in the fall :-)
 
Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.