1,413 views ·
4 replies
1k views
4 replies
Load-bearing wall? Fogelfors with W trusses
Hi,
I'm thinking about opening up the space between the kitchen and the living room, but I'm a bit unsure whether this wall is load-bearing or not. Generally, I know that W-trusses are self-supporting, but I get a bit confused when I look at the construction drawings where the "hjärtväggen" is included. In the worst case, I can use a beam, but I would prefer to avoid that. What are your spontaneous thoughts? I live in Sthlm, so snow zone 2.
I'm thinking about opening up the space between the kitchen and the living room, but I'm a bit unsure whether this wall is load-bearing or not. Generally, I know that W-trusses are self-supporting, but I get a bit confused when I look at the construction drawings where the "hjärtväggen" is included. In the worst case, I can use a beam, but I would prefer to avoid that. What are your spontaneous thoughts? I live in Sthlm, so snow zone 2.
Member
· Västernorrland
· 12 097 posts
Now I don't know how old it is or what type of house it is, but generally speaking, "kataloghus" are almost always built so that no inner wall is load-bearing. This allows for the same structure in a variety of different houses and interiors.
have a Fogelforshus from -81 with a similar floor plan and the same idea to take down the wall between the kitchen and living room. So curious about how you did it and how it turned out?
Click here to reply

