In our extension, we will have a substantial space for window sills, about 24 cm.
I have a thought that might be a bit unusual, but having stone slabs is luxurious. I have a couple of limestone slabs from a house where the slabs are 15 cm.
The idea is to mount one slab and then adjust the depth of the other and glue it in place, both on the underside and against the inner slab.
This can only work if the slabs are perfectly straight.
Since the slabs have a small chamfer, a seam is not a problem.
Is it possible to do this with a good stone blade and polish thoroughly?
 
If you have two skivor on the windowsill, you can mount the second one separately, on a special holder. This creates a gap in between. Perhaps the gap removes condensation on the window panes.
 
P PerOF said:
If you have two panels on the windowsill, you can mount the second one separately, on a special holder. So that there is a gap in between. Perhaps the gap removes condensation on the window panes.
Yes, you can do that, but I already have 23 benches and didn't want to take up more space in the room. It would even require 3 panels, but then I would have to buy more...
Additionally, I have underfloor heating, so the gap doesn't do its job as well at all.
 
FreQa FreQa said:
Yes, you can, but I already have 23 benches and didn't plan to take up more space in the room. It would even require 3 slabs, but then I would have to buy more...
I also have underfloor heating, so the gap doesn't do its job as well.
Stone can be glued with epoxy, I've read.

Unfortunately, epoxy emits a very typical slightly acidic(?) smell if mixed even slightly wrong. Not so fresh. Maybe there are other glues? Or you could try on a small spot.
 
S
You might want to do it yourself, but I would check with Granit and marmor to see how much it would cost to have it done in their workshop, having it cut and glued.
 
S sinuslinus said:
You might want to do it yourself, but I would check with Granite and Marble to see what it would cost to bring it to their workshop for cutting and gluing.
I actually already asked them, but they said no. Tried another company, but they haven't responded in a few days.

Otherwise, they actually only stick out about 8 cm, so maybe I'll leave them uncut.
 
Now they're home
Two rectangular stone slabs on a wooden surface, one featuring an orthoceratid fossil imprint.
Got one with an orthoceras on it
 
FreQa FreQa said:
I actually already asked them the question, but they said no. Tried another firm, but they haven't responded for a few days.

Otherwise, they actually only stick out about 8 cm, so maybe I'll just leave them uncut.
Norrköpings stenindustri could cut 4 cuts for 1000 kr. That sounded reasonable!
 
Too bad I saw this just now. I have cut limestone with a plunge saw with a diamond blade with good results.
 
  • Like
FreQa
  • Laddar…
Matti_75 Matti_75 said:
Too bad I just saw this now. I have cut limestone with a plunge saw with a diamond blade with good results.
Fun!
Without water but with a vacuum cleaner connected?
I have an old Scheppach saw that I can sacrifice.
 
FreQa FreQa said:
Fun!
Without water but with the vacuum cleaner connected?
I have an old Schepach saw that I can sacrifice.
Yep
 
Click here to reply
Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.