I am planning to remove a wall that belongs to a storage room and integrate this storage into the apartment to create a smaller bedroom. On the other side of the wall being removed is a staircase. Above this staircase, I thought of building a partial floor to make the room a bit larger.
The catch is that the ceiling height cannot be too low. There's some rule that says it must be at least 2m from the steps to the floor above the staircase, if I understood correctly, and the height is quite tight. Only 211cm to where I want the floor.
The area to be built has a span of 100cm and the depth will be approximately 75cm.
Will the floor be too weak if I use some 70 studs leaning against strong beams and then floor particle board on top with these dimensions?
Craftsmen will be doing this, but I'm brainstorming a bit to optimize the space 😊