Hi,

Never thought I would make a post like this.

Unscrewed a lamp from the ceiling. The screws were stuck in something white and plaster-like. It's completely "smooth" and "powdery", can't see any type of fibers.. thinking it might just be plaster.

Anyway, if it could be asbestos. The damage is done. What do I do now?

Not particularly worried regardless, but you can always make the best of it.

Edit: image

/Andreas
 
  • White powdery substance on black wall, possibly plaster, exposed after removing a ceiling light fixture. Tape-covered wire visible at bottom left.
P Psan said:
Hello,

Never thought I would make a post like this.

Unscrewed a ceiling lamp. The screws were held in something white and plaster-like. It's completely "smooth" and "powdery," I don't see any kind of fibers... thinking maybe it's just plaster.

Anyway, if it could be asbestos. The damage is done. What do I do now?

Not particularly worried regardless, but you can always make the best of it.

Edit: picture

/Andreas
Okay, I've come to my senses. It's 99.9% likely to be ceiling plaster that fell down when I unscrewed.

Thanks 😁
 
Last edited:
  • Like
useless and 1 other
  • Laddar…
Click here to reply
Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.