Hello there. I'm going to cast my very first foundation piles for my fence construction. I've dug down about 50cm in nine holes and reached down to 0-32 crushed rock. I consulted with some ground workers at the site who said it doesn't matter if I fill the hole with a little macadam before casting because the water won't drain away anyway and will expand there regardless. Is this correct as I read everywhere that the macadam in the hole is quite important? The piles will be 150mm in diameter and there will be a 70x70 post on them with a post shoe.
 
I suggest that you replace the stool shoes with sturdy plinth iron if you want the fence to stand firmly.
 
  • Like
Dilato and 1 other
  • Laddar…
Claes Sörmland
Post shoe wobbles. Not suitable for fences, meant for buildings.
 
  • Like
Wilmer Hultgren söderberg
  • Laddar…
The gravel makes no difference as the water doesn't come out of the hole because you're not directing it anywhere.
 
Matti_75 Matti_75 said:
The gravel makes no difference as the water doesn't come out of the hole since you aren't directing it anywhere
No exactly. That's what the ground guys said too, and it's logical. Strange though, that most guides say the gravel should be there 🤔
 
  • Wow
Jorel03
  • Laddar…
It is also stated in all assembly instructions for doors that one should take diagonal measurements.
 
Click here to reply
Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.