I would gladly receive some advice and good ideas regarding mounting wood paneling on the ceiling for our sunroom. The previous owners have installed plasterboard on the sunroom ceiling. My thought is to remove these before I mount the wood paneling. Or are there good reasons to keep the plasterboard? In that case, one wouldn't mount the wood paneling directly on the plasterboard, but rather have to install battens, which would lower the ceiling height a few centimeters. I would prefer not to do this and don't see what the plasterboard would add under the paneling.
I'm considering if there is anything else to think about once I have removed the plasterboard and before I mount the paneling. I don't know if there is insulation underneath, but there shouldn't be since it's not heated and it might not be good for ventilation. If there is insulation, I would probably remove it, unless someone here has more knowledge on what is usually recommended for sunrooms. I plan to run electricity above the paneling and install lamp sockets.