F
H HJ-C said:
But what kind of little jewel have they put in charge of customer contacts?
Why can this person neither spell nor express themselves, why do they start rambling about what they have or haven't seen before, and why do they speculate about a bunch of far-fetched theories that don't help anyone?
Must be an intern...
Yes, poor service. I think many customer services are quite good, like ikea, apotea etc.
 
F Fideliox said:
unfortunately, this is not a known problem
I like this phrasing. She clearly thinks it's a pity ("unfortunately") that this is not a known problem. Would it have been better if it were a known problem?
 
  • Haha
Fideliox
  • Laddar…
F
H HJ-C said:
But what kind of little jewel have they put in charge of customer contacts?
Why can't this person spell or express themselves, why do they start rambling on about what they've seen or not seen before, and why do they speculate about a bunch of far-fetched theories that don't help anyone?
Must be an intern...
I don't want to out the name because it feels mean, but probably a 50+ woman.

I've already told her that I want to make a claim. But they only handle claims in-store. I think it's unreasonable, but okay. I can't be bothered to fight anymore.
 
Last edited:
F Fideliox said:
But they only handle claims in stores. I think it's unreasonable but okay.
It is completely unreasonable that you should have to visit a store to claim a faulty product. Naturally, you can (and should) do it in writing to the company. Now, I don't know where you shopped, but for example, Biltema in Malmö has a clear address listed for both email and regular mail. I assume other stores do as well.

Contact information for Biltema Malmö: Customer service phone 077-520 00 00, email malmo@biltema.com, address Nornegatan 9, 215 86 Malmö.
 
  • Like
Thomas_Blekinge
  • Laddar…
F
Alfredo Alfredo said:
It is completely unreasonable that you should have to visit a store to return a faulty product. Of course, you can (and should) do it in writing to the company. Now, I don't know where you shopped, but for example, Biltema in Malmö has a clear address listed for both email and regular mail. I assume other stores do too.

[image]
I'll do that. I talked to my dad today, he's worked with metalwork his whole life. He said it looked like hot-dip galvanized. He's always taking various items for galvanizing, so he knows what he's talking about.
 
  • Like
Alfredo
  • Laddar…
F
F Fideliox said:
Have to do that. Talked to my dad today, worked with metal work all his life. He said it looked like hot-dip galvanized. He submits all sorts of stuff for galvanizing all the time, so he knows what he's talking about.
Send your dad to SpecSavers, it doesn't look like hot-dip galvanized.

I have my entire deck full of hot-dipped, I can post a couple of pictures of how it looks.

It almost looks like electro-galvanized sheet metal that has then been punched and dented. If that's the case, it's tragic, it really can't withstand anything. Another alternative could be a hot-dip galvanizing of the sheet metal before processing, a typical weight of that is 275g/m2 or something similar and it has self-healing of cut edges of 2.5-3mm but it's doubtful in a wet outdoor environment. It corresponds to barely 50% of the thickness generally recommended outdoors.

A pure hot-dipped
 
Last edited:
F
F fsn said:
Send dad to SpecSavers, it doesn’t look like hot-dip galvanized.

I have my entire patio full of hot-dipped, I can post a couple of pictures of what it looks like.

It almost looks like electro-galvanized sheet metal that has then been punched and deformed. In that case, it’s tragic, it really can’t withstand anything. Another alternative could be a hot-dip galvanizing of the sheet metal before processing, a typical weight for that is 275g/m2 or something similar and it has self-healing of cut edges of 2.5-3mm but it’s doubtful in a wet outdoor environment. It corresponds to barely 50% of the thickness generally recommended outdoors.

A purely hot-dipped
Meant electro-galvanized. 🙃
 
I
F Fideliox said:
I meant galvanized. 🙃
I was at Biltema today and compared nail plates with their gutter and they looked the same, perhaps they have used so-called air knives when the material was lifted from the vat, which blows off some of the zinc if it is possible on that type of material, it works fine on strip steel.
 
Click here to reply
Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.