Hello! Lived in the house for four years. In connection with installing a vapor barrier on an old attic hatch, I found these in the insulation.
Does anyone know what it is? At first, I thought they were old bullets for hunting and loading (I know the gentleman who lived here before used to hunt) but they are marked with hilti on the back, which makes me curious.
About 10mm long and with a diameter of about 7mm.
 
  • Yellow plastic-cased fasteners with "Hilti" marking, arranged on a grid, possibly used for construction, found during renovation on attic insulation.
useless useless said:
Blanks for an old nail gun.


[link]
Thanks!
Can they be dropped off at recycling or do they need to go to the police?
 
Don't go anywhere, call the police and they will come and pick it up, that's how it was for me when I had some explosive materials.

Protte
 
  • Like
Lingen1
  • Laddar…
What do they look like on newer nail guns? Wondering if they might still be useful in some way.......Prescribed now but such shots were really fun to poke loose and lay in a row on the railway tracks..........
 
L Lingen1 said:
Thank you!
Can they be dropped off at the recycling center or do they need to go to the police?
One can try selling or giving them away, I think there are forum members who have such nail guns.
 
  • Like
Intet and 2 others
  • Laddar…
When I was a little kid in the late sixties, we found those on construction sites.
It was fun to make them explode by hitting them with a rock.
It's a wonder I still have all my fingers 😎
 
L Lingen1 said:
Hi! Lived in the house for four years. During the installation of a vapor barrier on an old attic hatch, I found these in the insulation.
Does anyone know what they are? At first, I thought they were old bullets for hunting and loading (I know the gentleman who lived here before hunted), but they are marked with Hilti on the back, which makes me curious.
About 10mm long and 7mm in diameter.
Standard shots for Hilti Gunnebo nail guns. I recall they were color-coded red, green, yellow, black, etc., as the color indicated the strength. I had a TE17 myself, I think it was called that?
 
  • Like
Nikkar
  • Laddar…
Click here to reply
Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.