How do I make it look the best? I'm going to install a new gypsum ceiling. Currently, there is a panel ceiling built on an old gypsum ceiling with a gap of about 25 mm between them. To make it look nice at the attic hatch (with built-in ladder)
- Do I tear down the panel ceiling or install the new gypsum ceiling over the panel ceiling? How do I ensure it looks as good as possible at the attic hatch?
- If I put gypsum over the panel, can I then place an MDF board over the hatch, so it matches the structure of the new gypsum ceiling, without the weight affecting its function?

Alternatively, buy a new hatch, etc., but that feels unnecessarily expensive.

/Niklas
 
  • Ceiling with wooden panels and an attic hatch, showing gaps between panels. Two ceiling fixtures are visible, one with exposed wires.
  • White panel ceiling with removable hatch, discussing renovation options for a new gypsum ceiling installation and attic hatch modification.
  • White paneled attic hatch with visible hinges and texture, considering renovation options with drywall or MDF for improved aesthetics.
Click here to reply
Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.