I am going to replace the kitchen and will need to deal with an uneven brick wall, or actually a chimney breast. It bulges out a little over a cm over an area, which will cause issues when the new splashback is mounted. The chimney breast is plastered, so I'm not sure if it's the masonry or just the plaster that's uneven. I can of course use a concrete grinder with a diamond cup, but then the whole house will turn orange no matter how much I cover and use dust extraction. Is there a more suitable method? Chiseling by hand might be the best?
 
Knock down the plaster and plaster it straight? If you're going to have a splash guard anyway, maybe it might even be more appropriate to place the guard directly against the brick?
 
Make splash guards from acrylic sheets that are bendable.
 
FreQa FreQa said:
Knock down the plaster and smooth it out? If you're going to have a splash guard anyway, maybe it would even be more appropriate to place the guard directly against the brick?
Yes, it's probably easiest to hand knock. It isn't a large area to deal with.
 
Click here to reply
Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.