Hello, I have an Älvsbyhus with a current plastic/laminate ceiling that I want to replace/cover. I'm a beginner at DIY, so don't judge me. Considering my limited knowledge on the subject, I need advice. I want to do this myself to save money but also want it to look nice.

Option 1.
Attach beadboard, preferably ready-made ceiling panels from Movelen, over the existing ceiling using battens. However, I will lose about 3 cm of ceiling height with this. I will also replace the ceiling mouldings.

Option 2.
Remove the current ceiling and attach it to the existing battens. More work, of course, and perhaps beyond my expertise?
What would you do in my situation?
 
When I renovated the ceiling, I installed drywall panels and filled the seams with strips (use paper strips). Then I wallpapered the ceiling with sawdust wallpaper to add some texture. If your ceiling is intact (just ugly?😀), you can probably wash and wallpaper directly. Check at a paint store for tips.
 
Click here to reply
Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.