Hello,

I'm in the process of completely renovating an apartment. No previous experience, so I'm learning as I go.

The apartment has a mix of drywall and concrete walls (both on interior and exterior walls), and in some places these materials meet in the middle of a wall. The previous owner placed vertical moldings to hide the joints, but I'd really like to achieve completely smooth walls without such moldings, though I understand there's a risk of cracking where two different materials meet (especially on exterior walls).

Of course, I've googled and searched the forum. Suggestions that come up include embedding paper tape, as done in the seam between two drywall panels, or applying an acrylic sealant in the seam that is painted over. Does anyone have experience with/thoughts on a method that works? ☺️

Thank you in advance! 🙏

Best regards,
Maria
 
Acrylic sealant is probably preferable, it's easy to redo if the crack reappears in the future
 
Thank you for the response! I will look more into akrylfog. :)
 
Click here to reply
Vi vill skicka notiser för ämnen du bevakar och händelser som berör dig.